NewYou can listen to the Gadget Clock article now!
Roger Federer said on Saturday that his return to any tournament after his knee surgery last year would not happen until at least the end of the summer.
The 40-year-old tennis great gave an update on Swiss TV channel SRF on her long rehabilitation when she competed in a Women’s Skiing World Cup in Langerhead, where she has a home.
Click here for more sports coverage on FOXNEWS.COM
He confirmed Federer’s comments in November that he would not return in time for Wimbledon in June, although he did not mention his plans for the US Open, which begins August 29 on Saturday.
Federer told SRF that his rehabilitation is progressing well enough that he now plans to play again. Earlier, she said the inspiration for the surgery last August was to protect her future standard of living with her family instead of returning to competitive tennis.
Federer has tied 20 Grand Slam singles titles with Novak Djokovic and is now one shy of Rafael Nadal, who won his 21st at the Australian Open in January.