Many companies put more effort and big budgets into data acquisition. However, data storage and protection must also be highly considered to make information available for as long as intended.
Therefore, employees should take reasonable precautions when working with desktop computers and other computing devices to avoid deleting important data. . Also, scenarios such as hard drive failure, virus attack on files, compromised files, among other factors, can quickly increase data loss.
Therefore, people want to know if you can still recover deleted files and folders. What if the data has been permanently deleted?
In this article, we offer several solutions to help you in any data loss situation you may face. In particular, we will show you some of the most reliable methods to restore folder on Windows 10.
This article will also help you understand whether or not it is possible to recover deleted files and folders.
Several tools in the market claim that they can recover folders on Windows. They also claim to recover permanently deleted files and folders from various devices. As you are about to see, some of these claims are verified and accurate to the point. However, others are just empty talk used as marketing jargon to draw attention to particular solutions.
Data Recovery Claims
Many data recovery companies are bold enough to claim to recover deleted files or those lost due to damage or loss of a device, etc. However, some of these claims may be valid. It would be better for you to be careful while choosing a recovery solution.
Actually, there is no software that can extract permanently deleted files and folders. Also, any lab that specializes in data recovery that attempts to jumpstart your phone or computer to copy your data will only be doing a trial and error attempt. As a result, you risk only paying for unsuccessful attempts.
Deleted Data Recovery
If you are using iPhones then you realize that almost all user files are encrypted. File-based encryption has unique and distinct keys that are temporarily destroyed when a file is deleted. Therefore, it is difficult to “recover” such files even if you have good third-party data recovery tools.
Even though some files can still be recovered, this can happen if you didn’t delete the files, or they just aren’t files.
iCloud backup and end-to-end encryption
Indeed, some PC data recovery claims are not a lie. Some data recovery software may try to download data from iCloud backup. However, this is only possible if you have previously backed up the data to iCloud. On the contrary, this attempt may not be very successful due to end-to-end encryption.
On the other hand, there is only up to 5GB of storage space that you can use for iCloud backup for free. When the 5 GB is full, your new photos and other files will not be backed up to iCloud. You will need to purchase additional storage space to enjoy extended backup of files and folders.
Photos and videos
If you work with photos and videos, it’s much easier to get them back to your iPhone after they’ve been deleted. This is because deleted pictures on iPhone are not deleted but moved to a single album – the “Recently Deleted” folder. Photos remain in the album for approximately 30 days and can be quickly retrieved during this time.
iMessages are stored in SQLite format. Generally, this format immediately overwrites deleted records. Instead, they are marked as “deleted” and remain unused. Therefore, they are stored on the “free list” and can be retrieved. However, this is only possible on iOS11 or lower.
So, is it possible to recover permanently deleted files and folders?
Yes, you can recover files and folders that you have permanently deleted from your device. As we mentioned before, if you have backed up files to iCloud, the best way to recover them is to connect your Apple account and use the Photos app. It’s easier with CleverFiles’ Disk Drill.
How to Recover Deleted Files with Disk Drill
Before showing you the process, here are some of the reasons why we recommend this software for Windows file recovery:
- Disk Drill offers up to 500MB of data to restore for free.
- Can preview the files before the recovery option is launched.
- Any file in any format can be recovered using this software.
- You can use it for data backup and free file protection for your data.
Here are the steps to recover deleted files and folders.
- Download and install Cleverfile’s Disk Drill for Windows on your PC.
- Launch it to begin the process of recovering your lost files.
- After the recovery process is complete, choose the drive or bucket where you want to send the recovered files.
- Locate and press the “Find Lost Data” button. Allow the software to run the scan using its unique algorithms until it finds the deleted files.
- The software should now show you a list of found files on screen. From the screen, you can preview the list of lost files and choose among them the files you need to restore.
- Once you have chosen the correct files to restore, press the restore button. You will then be asked to provide a new storage location for the files you recovered.
- Now click on the chosen location and authorize the sending of files to this location. It is wise to send the files to a new location as the old location is already compromised and can easily lead to further data loss.
Disk Drill from Cleverfiles has many additional benefits for the user. This is a broader advantage over competitors offering similar services for a market loaded with data recovery software options. It is user-friendly and can even be used by people with less expertise in the IT department. It is recovery software for Mac, computers, phones, tablets, etc.
To get the most out of this software, you can upgrade to the PRO version, a premium option. With the premium version, you will necessarily benefit from the following advantages:
- Comprehensive data recovery over 500MB deep and quick scan options for lost files,
- Preview file before recovery,
- Insured recovery storage,
- Salvage Chest,
- FAT and NTFS smart algorithms lost partition search,
- Backup byte by byte, and
- Data loss prevention.
you might also like
Everything you need to know about data backups
How to recover deleted Facebook messages?
How to recover deleted Instagram messages?